Yvonne Quigley, Centre Manager
- I have been the Centre Manager since Jan 2011. My friend found the advert in the Enfield Independent.
- Previous work has been in the medical industry, fire / export industry, optical industry plus long term temping at Chase Farm Hospital and Albany School.
- I like to try new things, organise events, fundraise, and meet new people and network.
- I like to keep fit by going to exercise classes because I love food and wine.
- This is the best job I have ever had!
Vivienne Abdulkadir, Centre Administrator
Maria Isabel Ortiz-Vega, Accounts Manager
- Maria I Ortiz-Vega is the Accounts Manager at the RWCC
- She was born in Spain and has been living in London since 1997
- Maria qualified with the AAT in 2010
- She began volunteering in the accounts department of the RWCC in 2009 and became an official member of staff in 2010
- Maria is the proud and loving owner of a daughter, a cat and a gold fish
- Among Maria’s many hobbies are hiking, dog walking and home decorating
Mary Savas, Volunteer Supervisor and Relief Manager
- Married with two boys, born in Cyprus and when I was just two years old my parents emigrated to England.
- We have always lived in north London and moved several times before we settled in Muswell Hill.
- I have three brothers and one sister and we all attended local schools in the area.
- Our secondary school, Fortismere had a degree of notoriety as it was also attended by Ray and Dave Davies of The Kinks.
- I left school at the age 16 and went to work for Barclays Bank, where I stayed until I had my children.
- After an eleven year break I returned to work as an admin worker for London Borough of Enfield, where I stayed until I retired in 2011.
- I have many hobbies but enjoy cooking and gardening.
The Board of Trustees:
The object of the Board of Trustees (Volunteers) is to be responsible for the running and developing the Centre, and make recommendations on overall policies for the benefit of Members and Volunteers. It is made up of individuals who have an interest in services for older people.
Jean Brewer, Chair of Trustees
- Following a career in local, central government and the Royal Mail Group (in which she held roles including IT Director and HR Director) Jean has had a “portfolio” of non-executive director board /trustee posts in the public, private and voluntary /charity sector.
- She has been a trustee of several charities associated with equality and diversity and is active in voluntary work associated with technology and disability including membership of the Civil Service Disability Engagement Group,
- Jean was awarded an OBE in the Queen’s New Years Honours list in 1994 for services to IT.
- She is currently also active as a chair of a local Patient Participation Group in the areas of health and social care and part of the team organising the annual Palmers Green Festival .
Chris Rash, Vice Chair
- A Trustee of Ruth Winston Centre for twenty-five years
- A Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (retired).
- Always lived & worked in the Borough.
- Past Member of Older People & Vulnerable Adults LBE Scrutiny Panel
- Member of Enfield/NHS Stroke Pathway Development Group
- Member of Enfield Dementia Action Alliance & Dementia Friend
- Joint President of Southgate Chamber of Trade
Penelope Conway, Vice Chair
- A Trustee of RWC for six years
- Involved with Volunteering organisations locally and nationally for 40 years.
- Lives in Winchmore Hill with husband Peter
- Four adult children
- Trustee of two other UK charities and on Executive of an International Womens Organisation.
- Osteopath and Clinical Lecturer.
- John has been at Ruth Winston since 2009. Starting as a Tutor for the Computer Classes and becoming a Trustee and Company Secretary in 2013.
- Is married to Pauline and has two children and two grand children
- Loves his football, playing and, when he gets the chance, watching Crystal Palace
- Lives locally in Winchmore Hill
- Is now retired but previously worked for Hewlett Packard (HP) for 23 years
- He was born in Stratford on Avon, went to school in Solihull and worked for a number of businesses around the Midlands including GEC, IMI, RHM and Bowater before being moved to Enfield in 1985 by the Midland Bank’s Finance House, Forward Trust.
- He is a Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, a Chartered Global Management Account and a member of the Association of Corporate Treasurers. He has 2 degrees, an MBA from Aston Management School and a B.Sc in Business Studies from Aston University.
- He currently runs his own leasing business from offices in Barnet.
- He joined RWCC in 2014 after responding to an advert for a Treasurer in the Enfield over 50’s magazine.
- He is also Hon. Treasurer of Heart Throbs, a local cardiac support & exercise group, a member of Middlesex & Warwickshire Cricket Clubs and a life member of Scarborough Cricket Club. He is a life-long Aston Villa fan seeing his first game against West Ham at Villa Park in 1959. He was at Highbury in 1981 when Villa won the league and in the Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam when they went on to beat Bayern Munich and win the European Cup in 1982.
- Main interests are music and drama
- Have been a piano teacher for over 40 years. Have given piano duet recitals in London and for local charities
- Was a member of the Winchmore String Orchestra, violin section
- I write plays for our drama group at the centre which I started 5 years ago
- Have been a member of the Rotary Club of Southgate, Inner Wheel of Southgate, Volunteer at the North London Hospice and currently a Volunteer at the RWCC
- Am secretary of the Bush Hill Park Towns Womens Guild
- I was born and have lived all my life in Enfield and am now retired.
- I have a degree (B. Sc.) in engineering, managed several companies for 20 years and became a Financial Adviser for 30 years
- I was a member of the Enfield Round Table, am still a member of the Southgate Rotary Club, and I am a Freemason.
- I was appointed a magistrate in 1985 and sat for 20 years in the adult, youth and family courts.
- I am fluent in German and the Swiss dialect and can “get by” in French.
- I play golf (badly), enjoy music, dining out, spending time with friends and relatives and every Summer I go on a 4/5 weeks’ holiday — seeing the worlds man-made and nature’s “sights”.